I am Ahmad Rezk, an IT Manager out of Cairo – Egypt, I have 14+ years of experience in the IT field. I have worked for local, international, and multinational companies for years.
Projects accomplished under my management by my professional team during my last position as an IT Manager at Hafez Avocats:
• Various Solutions: AVAYA IP telephony with conferencing feature, Sagem XmediusFax FoIP solution, ABBYY recognition server, Upgrading BES from Pro. to Ent., BigHand with Dragon Naturally Speaking solution, Upgrading Citrix presentation server from 4.0 to 4.5, Symantec EV mail archiving, ManageEngine ServiceDesk, HotDocs server side, Vasco Identikey, Upgrading Worlox (DMS) and TimeMatters (PMS) several times, Symantec Backup Exec integrated with a backup library, One-X solution, AES server, Orion NPM & APM, Rendezvous meeting organizer, Trados translation, Barracuda web filtering, Juniper VPN, Riverbed WAN Optimization.
• Microsoft Solutions: Implementing Forefront Client Security, WSUS. Migration of Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007, Implementing Forefront Exchange Security, Upgrading SQL2005 server(s) to SQL2008R2, Implementing SharePoint2010 as basic intranet solution, Upgrading ISA2006 to Forefront TMG2010, Implementing Dynamics GP v9.0 then upgrading it from v9.0 to v10.0 then from v10.0 to 2010, Implementing Dynamics Business Portal.
• Virtualization of the whole infrastructure: Implementing Blade technology, NetApp SAN technology, VMware ESXi 4.0 environment. Migration of all existing servers to virtual environment. Upgrading VMware ESXi from 4.0 to 4.1.
• Assembling development team: Recruiting a professional development team, Implemented Visual Studio server and TFS server. Created a suitable SharePoint2010 development environment.
• Disaster Recovery Planning: Testing VMware recovery site manager. Testing NetApp Snap Mirror. Investigating the NetApp Metrocluster. Investigating Marathon technology for everRun FT and HA.
Disaster Recovery Planning, Project Management, Helpdesk Management, Network Security, Operations/Infrastructure Management, Business process improvement, SLAs, Virtualization.
Recommendations received by people I have worked with, on LinkedIn:
Amgad Salib Soliman, System & Security Administrator, Hafez Avocats
reported to Ahmad Adel at Hafez Avocats “Ahmad is a great manager, his technical skills are great. he inspires the team with his brilliance, extremely confident, and very hardworking. I have learnt a lot working with him in both levels; personal and professional.” May 22, 2011
Mark Haynes, Director, MBS Consultants Ltd
worked with Ahmad Adel at Hafez Avocats “Ahmad is a pleasure to work with, I found his work to be professional, efficient and punctual with a strong attention to detail and have no reservations in recommending his technical services.” May 18, 2011
Dina Sabry, HR Coordinator, Hafez Avocats
worked with Ahmad Adel at Hafez Avocats “Ahmed is a professional IT Manager, High Ethics and Didicated person. He is friendly and cooperative whenever needed. A person I enjoyed working with.” May 17, 2011
Abd Al-Fattah Hussein, Software Developer, Hafez Avocats
reported to Ahmad Adel at Hafez Avocats “I’ve worked with Ahmad Adel for more than one and half years as he was my direct manager. Really he is one of the best colleagues I’ve ever met and worked with. He is a very good manager and he is smart, accurate, cooperative and supportive. Honestly, this man deserves much more than I can say about him.” May 15, 2011
Ahmed Gamil, SharePoint 2010 Developer, Hafez Avocats
worked indirectly for Ahmad Adel at Hafez Avocats “Ahmed is a great manager. He is one of those managers who hold the heavy burden off your shoulders without you even know it, simplifying the task and giving advices with a very great friendly attitude. He’s very close to his teammates providing help and support whenever needed. I sometimes forget that he is my manager but I hold a great respect towards him at the same time. In short, he’s a managerial masterpiece, it’s as simple as that.” May 15, 2011
Robert Rice, Member, 35-45 Consulting Group, LLC
was with another company when working with Ahmad Adel at Hafez Avocats “I worked directly with Ahmad as a vendor of services to the company he is the IT director for. I was impressed by his knowledge and professionalism. Ahmad is easy to work with and has a good depth and breadth of knowledge of many different systems.” May 11, 2011
Ronny Flaatten, Owner, CTIntegrations, LLC
was a consultant or contractor to Ahmad Adel at Hafez Avocats “Ahmad is a top notch detailed oriented professional who takes great pride in his work.” May 11, 2011
Ahmed Radwan, Applications Manager, Misr El Kheir Foundation MEK
was with another company when working with Ahmad Adel at Hafez Avocats “Ahmed is an ambitious person who is very knowledgable in his field because he is always willing to learn more, in order to be more aware and in more control of his job” May 11, 2011
Wael Khairy, Project Leader, ITWorx Egypt
was a consultant or contractor to Ahmad Adel at Hafez Avocats “Ahmad Adel is a detail-oriented manager who watches the balance like hawk without ever losing sight of the strategic objective.” May 11, 2011
Mohamed Bahr, IT Manager, International Arbitration Lawyers
managed Ahmad Adel indirectly at HAFEZ Avocats “Ahmad is managing complex, cross-divisional technology projects at HAFEZ. He has a unique blend of technology skills that have been critical assets in his role. I really appreciate the focus and passion that he brings to the task at hand. He has moved a strategic initiative forward that has far reaching implications at the firm.” January 4, 2010
Motaz Hassan, Applications Support Specialist, Hafez Avocats
reported to Ahmad Adel at HAFEZ Avocats “Ahmad is a dedicated person who is capable of creating a pleasant working environment” December 28, 2009